In 1932, Asa and his son Virgil Mumford started making kettle cooked potato chips in the back of a grocery store. Later the business was moved to South Main Street in Urbana and they continued to make their original recipe where Frank Leopard worked for the Mumford family for several years. The Leopard family then purchased the business in 1976 and continued the tradition of making old-fashion kettle cooked potato chips.
In 1984, the business was moved to the current location at 325 N. Main Street Urbana, Ohio to expand production and provide seating for their deli customers. The Mumford tradition still continues with the original kettle cooked potato chip recipe along with homemade carmel corn and peanut, cashew and coconut brittle.
Stop in for lunch and pick up a bag of our old-fashion kettle cooked potato chips made the same since 1932.